Day 36: Week 6
Yesterday’s post got me thinking about how far I’ve come since I started this challenge. No, I haven’t lost 10 lbs or dozens of inches off my waist and thighs, but I have continued to make positive changes; which was sort of the whole point.
When I started this challenge five weeks ago, I was steadily gaining weight. I was drinking a couple of cocktails a night. I wasn’t exercising, I was eating everything in sight, and I was feeling pretty awful, both physically and emotionally.
By starting this challenge, I had hoped I could get the snowball of positive change rolling. By writing this blog, I was hoping for accountability. I feel like I’ve been successful on both fronts.
Although I’ve struggled and had my fair share of failures meeting my goals every day, I’ve made a lot of progress so far. In weeks one through five of this challenge:
- I’ve averaged over 15,000 steps a day since day one.
- I’ve lost most of the weight I’d regained over my vacation – approximately 4 lbs.
- I’ve lost an inch and a half from my waist and an inch from my hips.
- I’ve stopped drinking alcohol most nights.
- And most importantly, I’m feeling so much better about myself and my ability to reach my goals.
I’m feeling a lot more motivated overall. I’ve felt less anxious, and I’ve also felt a sense of accomplishment at sticking with this, despite the ups and downs. I’m excited to see what the next few weeks bring.
Current step count: 6,242
Current step goal streak: 6 days Previous step goal streak: 2 days Longest step goal streak: 13 days